Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Apartment

Hello all my Family and Friends!!
Sorry I have not posted anything for a couple of days, but not a lot of new adventures to tell you about.
But I do have a very exciting one to tell you today! Grant and I got to move into our new apartment on Wednesday Feb 25, 2015. I though I died and went to heaven, it was so nice to get out of the hotel. Now I can cook, do laundry, and even sit on a couch!! Ya I know who would ever be excited to sit on a couch, but when you do not have something that is when you appreciate it.
Anyhow let me tell you about our apartment(Sorry for some of the pictures are a little blurry but I tried my best for you):

This is the entry into our apartment, and along the wall is closet space(all shelving on this side)


This of coarse is the other side with a small walk in closet


Sorry very blurry but you can make it out somewhat


just a different angle of the same closet


The entry goes into this hall way. The entry is the door way on the right side, straight ahead is the main bathroom, the far doorway by the bathroom is the spare bedroom and the close doorway(which you can barely see) is the office(which will of coarse be my sewing room as well!!!)


This is in the main bathroom


the rest of the tub


the bathrooms are quite small here, and the floors in the bathrooms are not heated. All the buildings are heated by floor heat.


Now we are in the spare bedroom, and the closets all have organizers in them.


They put in shelving and closets in very space available


Nice big windows in all the rooms. And remember I do have a spare room for you who would like to come, it will cost you to stay though a tin of Timmie's coffee grounds!


So now this will be the office/ sewing room


We had asked for a second desk for my sewing machine to go on, and with no problems they provided it for me.


So now we are standing in the living room and the doorway on the left was the hallway we just left in above pictures, straight ahead is the master bedroom and there is a pocket door on the right side that goes into the kitchen.


different view in the living room, and you can see the first hallway entry I showed you 


Our couch and chair are leather, and they are a navy blue. You can see the living room, dining room are kind of one room, which blend into the kitchen.


This is taking from the kitchen


You can see the pocket door I was talking about earlier.


And this is from the pocket door view, Off on the right side towards the water cooler is a doorway which leads into the laundry room.


This is my laundry room and the small room behind it is called a fire room, this is if  there is a fire and we can not get out we go to this room and close the door( which is fire proof) and open the window and the fire fighters will get us out of there. Cross my fingers and pray to God we never need to use it.
The washer is a washer/dryer combo, let me tell you never to buy one, they are horrible it takes 4 hours to do one load of laundry and that was not a heavy load. We do have a room for hanging up our clothes to dry them as well which I used, but after being in the hotel for so long I had a ton of dirty clothes to get done and the hanging room was full!!


This is the hanging room and it is just off of our master bedroom. There is a hanger rack that comes down from the ceiling and then we also have a clothes rack. You have to open the window because it gets very humid in there and being winter time right now it takes for ever to dry clothes. You can also see that there are a set of patio doors between the drying room and our bedroom.


this is a view from the drying room


when it is not full of clothes you can see lots from here


This of coarse is the master bedroom


we have a small vanity in between the closet and the bathroom


it also has little cupboards under the counter top,  I need to buy a small chair for here.


This is our walk in closet


the master bathroom, and a kick ass shower let me tell you!!


different view


And had to take a picture of this, can you see these two red necks using a bidet!! Well all the toilets here have this fancy bum washing thing. And to boot the seat is even heated, can you believe that all I can think of is wouldn't our Grandparents and some of our parents loved to have one of these in the outhouse on a cold winter day! LOL 

Well I think that's all for today I need to take some more pictures and post how 
electronic this apartment is, its something else and I'm still trying to figure out how to turn lights on and off!















No comments:

Post a Comment